Monday, February 22, 2016

Open Door Policy


This cartoon has to do with the Open Door Policy issued in China. By looking at this cartoon I can see China with it's doors open to public. Also I can see what looks to be an Asian version of Uncle Sam holding the key that opened the door. It looks to be different people from different nations around Uncle Sam waiting to be let in to China. I feel like the cartoonist's message on the topic would be that this was a negative thing for our country and that we were trying to hard to control all the nations around us. It seems like the cartoonist's was trying to show that we are almost looking down at everyone else and that we are better then them. I guess I can see where people would say this was positive because we helped China grow and opened there doors to help other nations too.

I feel like the cartoonist's used symbolism in all the people to represent different nations around the world. Also the cartoonist's used Analogy. I feel like he used analogy because you wouldn't think that there would be a giant key to open china and also why would we have it? Overall I feel like this cartoon made me go towards the anti-imperialism side. I would say that because there is just a negative connotation that comes from looking at this .

"Cartoon Of The Open Door Policy - The Koller Report - N.Koller." Cartoon Of The Open Door Policy - The Koller Report - N.Koller. Google Sites, n.d. Web. 22 Feb. 2016. <https://sites.google.com/a/ncps-k12.org/amhnews-n-koller-2011/economic/hay-unlocks-the-doors-to-china/cartoon-of-the-open-door-policy>.

No comments:

Post a Comment